Yesss lousy title I know, but stumbleupon.com is not lousy at all!
This coool web “feature” is my re-discovery of the week. I been on this site couple of time not knowing/understanding it’s power! Maybe Because I hate sites that want to install bars in my browser and I was wrong.
Discovering new web site is not that difficult, you could use any digg-like, but offen you’ll find yourself on the same web-site over and over again. Well not with stumbleupon.
First click the big “Join Ussssss…..” on the front page. Answer a couple of question, fill the form. The you’ll be directed to either the Mozilla or Internet explorer website depending on your browser. What about the other browser I do not know. Well Once or before (can’t remember) the bar is installed, you’ll have to chose between topic of intereste (sport, activism, web, family, food, photographie etc… etc…)
Then click the Stumble button on the bar to be sent to a random website submitted by another user. You don’t like it, click thumb down! you do, click thumb up! you don’t care stumble again! And so on. And it’s 3 am and you’re still not to bed, ahahahah evil internet.
Don’t thank me… thank the stumble team…..
Here are a few things I discovered:
- Musicovery a really cool music discovery web site with a nice flash UI.
- Cool street art pictures.
- A clear article about the Wikipedia scanner story.
- I knew this one already! But it’s really cool. dontclick.it/ (everything is in the title).
- I love this one, but I need a printer:-( blockposters.com/.
- Finally a good advise from the rangers.